The project focused on the following objectives:
- improve understanding of knowledge management and knowledge sharing, and of their relevance to the OHCHR’s work;
- enhance participants’ expertise and capacity to use knowledge-sharing tools and approaches in their work;
- strengthen a knowledge-sharing culture within the OHCHR;
- validate the OHCHR knowledge-sharing toolkit and promote the use of the toolkit at headquarters and in the field.
OHCHR staff based in Geneva and in regional offices. Priority was given to staff already applying knowledge-management approaches in their work and staff well placed to disseminate those tools and approaches.
- one fact-finding mission
- design and development of a KM toolkit
- publication of a KM manual
- two KM workshops in Geneva
- on-line advisory services.
The United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
Publication available from 29 June 2011.
Contacts: Tom Wambeke, Robin Poppe.
Countries: OHCHR headquarters in Geneva and field offices worldwide