DELTA has a double mandate: to strengthen the Centre’s in-house capacity to apply state-of-the-art learning and knowledge-sharing methods and technology, and to provide training services to outside partners.
The services can be grouped into three clusters:
Training in learning methodology, technology and knowledge management
- competency-based human resources development
- lifelong e-learning
- the chemistry of learning
- Web2 for development.
- training-of-trainers manuals
- design and development of (on-line) communities of practice
- blended learning and training packages, e.g. http://ilo-induction.itcilo.org/en/home-page
- collaborative e-learning platforms and self-guided e-learning products, e.g. http://training.itcilo.org/delta/ethicsfinalversion/player.html
- social-media strategies.
- learning needs analysis
- instructional design
- learning visits
- writing shops
- facilitation of learning events, workshops and training activities, e.g. http://link.itcilo.org/
- learning and knowledge-management audits.
The DELTA team’s strategic approach provides participants in ITC-ILO activities with more than subject-matter content, namely collaborative learning experiences, technology-enhanced learning and innovative product development.
DELTA maintains the Centre’s learning and technology blog,, which fosters digital literacy and raises critical awareness of new learning methodology and technology among ITC-ILO staff and interested partners.
In 2010, DELTA, together with other pioneer organizations in e-learning for capacity development, received its first international certification in that field. The Programme is an active member of several professional networks, and collaborates with international partners within and outside the UN.
09 Jul 2013
12 Jul 2013
16 Sep 2013
18 Oct 2013
04 Nov 2013
06 Nov 2013